Thursday, May 15, 2008

That's the Ticket!

Now that looks like a winning combination. Like I said before I got no beef with Clinton, but I think her and Obama teaming up would be a little strange. Their campaigns have been goin at it pretty hard and I don't think teaming up would be the right look. Now Edwards... that's a horse of a different color. As far as being President of the US goes, I think Edwards could do as good a job as the rest of em. This wasn't his year cause of Obama vs. Clinton so I always figured he was the natural running mate for either nominee. I'm not sure why he lost to Kerry... I think people felt he was too young and inexperienced, now that Obama has overcome those obstacles I don't see what the down side to Edwards is. Both of these guys say they want to clean up the government. We've heard that shit before, but suppose they mean it. People want change and they have been promising some. 
Obama was estimated to pick up 60% of Edwards voters without the endorsement, but if they team up that obviously rises. Edwards still has 19 pledged delegates who can go either way, and apparently Edwards still got 7% of the vote in tuesdays West Virginia contest. That's 7% who still would prefer to make a statement with a vote for Edwards than pick between the two running. I know that Huckabee and Ron Paul still pull a remarkable percantage in the Republican contests... those could be Democratic votes with the right speeches from Jordan and Bird. If they were able to pull the whole thing off and actually put their money where their mouths are it could lead to 2 Obama terms followed by 2 Edwards terms. I don't think that has ever happened where a 2 term VP went on to become a 2 term President, George H.W. Bush tried but lost to Clinton. (11 have served 2 terms, and Franklin D Roosevelt actually served 3 and died early into his 4th)
 
I guess the final matter is what does Hillary do? She has fought hard and deserves a place in the administration. Secretary of State seems to be the natural choice. But I am not suggesting some token assignment, she should be used in a capacity where she will be effective and respected. As long as she figures out how to get out of this race the right way she's earned the respect. 




WHAT DO EWE THINK?
Please comment!

No comments: