Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fin


Well what do you know about that? Barack Obama has clinched the Democratic nomination for the presidency. The presidency of the United States of America. The CNN says he has 2132 delegates to Hillary Clintons 1925, the magic # is 2118, the Fox News says he has 2143 to her 1919. 
The Democratic National Convention is still 3 months away. The way our system works she can still win by swaying the super-delegates. There is historical precedent. 
She has not conceded the victory and has left the door open to fight on. Now she has reportedly said she is "open"  to being Obama's running mate. I think it's a lil bit too late for her to be open to being Vice President. I already said what I had to say about that, I don't think he owes her anything. I left the door open for myself I said "she should be used in a capacity where she will be effective and respected. As long as she figures out how to get out of this race the right way" Well she didn't, she continues to want to fight it out and at this point I think it is bad for their party. 

So now we have him, the first Mixed Man with a real chance at becoming President of the US. This is a huge day for Mulattos all around the world. I know everyone has been saying he's Black for a long time, but he's mixed. To use the rule that one drop of Black blood makes him Black is about as stupid as slavery to me. 
That does not take away from how big this is historically though. If elected he would still be the first non-White President. I wanna be clear about how I don't think people should vote based on race. It's time for big change in this country. That change could come from many places. I actually would prefer the leading primary vote getters to be neither Republican nor Democrat before I die but I digress. 
It's time for change, we can't keep the same party in office for 12 years when things are going the way they are here. I'll hope that most of us realize that the President has power but is not the king. Our two party system is still a contest where the teams are more similar than different, but we still can't have 1 party steady running us up the down escalator. 

I'm going to hope that Barack Obama can be who he has been saying he is going to be. To those of you who don't know if you can trust him... I haven't met him myself. I can't soothe those fears but I don't think it's really that valid a question honestly. When was the last time you really trusted a politician anyway? 


WHAT DO EWE THINK?
Please Comment!


2 comments:

Quishenta Joans said...

Ilike him, except he is engaging trouble with Iran, and he is for planned parent hood. I don't thinkhe does his research. I really don't. He deserves to be in the White House more than any other candidate, but really is that saying much. (remember he got where he is by flukes!) not credibility-but, if he does not get elected this country will be much worse though. That is a point we should focus on.

Poster BOY said...

Im really stuck between "Barack and a hard place"! Ahhhh I joke, I joke.

But seriously Im just not sure if he is ready yet. Though I do agree with what Quishenta says, I think Hilary may have been a little more prepared or suited to handle the Presidency.

Not sayin McCain is the answer either, far from it.

I cant really see either of the two candidates being the "right" answer.

But where do we go, what do we do?

Lord, hear my prayer.